gene lawrence Carlos,
Shirley Christina Salting,
Lianne Jones Tuazon,
May Rose Woo
The use of ultrasound is said to relieve pain and muscle spasm, improve circulation, loosen adhesions, reduce swelling, resolve hematomas heal wounds, etc., usually as a result of its reversed peizoelectric effect.
Researchers in the past years have studied ultrasound in the treatment of many cases such as delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) while some investigated the use of this modality with the use of medicine in a method called sonophoresis.
Our study focuses on the effectivity of the ultrasound using pain and range of motion as instruments. With these two, we can then see whether US can relieve pain on an affected part and its effects on the joints having LOM.
1. Reyes, Tyrone M., Luna-Reyes , Ofelia B.. Introduction to physical therapy & patient care University of Sto. Tomas Printing Press, 1977. 34.
2. Delisa , Joel A.. Rehabilitation medicine: Principles & Practice Philadelphia: J. P. Lippincott, 1988. 263.
3. Wadsworth, Hilary , Chanmugan, A. F. P. . Electrophysical agents in physiotherapy: Therapeutic and diagnostic use 156-162.
4. Lumbary, Rey H.. A study on the electric modalities in physical therpeutic agents in two physicl therapy rehabilitaion centers in Cebu City. Cebu City. 1989. 1.
5. Cosentino, A. B. , et al., . "Effects of ultrasound on the conduction velocities of peripheral nerves" Physical Therapy Journal 63(5): 765, May 1983
6. Black, K. , et al., . "Effect of anterior compartment ultrsound on Ankle Dorsiflexion Torque" Physical Therapy Journal 63(5): 767, May 1983
7. Novak, E. J. . "Effect of ultrasound treatment with Trolamine Salicylate on delayed onset muscle soreness" Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 71(9): 674, September 1991
8. Kisner, , Colby, . Terapeutic Exercise: Foundationand techniques USA: F. A. Davis Company, 1985. 25.
9. Fishbies, Morris . The new illustrated medical health encyclopedia New York: H. S. Stuttmas Co. Inc., 1971. 118.
10. Gennaro, Alfonso R., et al., . Blakiston McGraw-Hill Book Co., 1984. 122.
11. Marchwardt, Albert H.. Deaders Pleasantville, New York: Funk and Wagnalls Publishing Co., Inc., 1975. 234.
12. Gennaro, Alfonso R., et al., . Blakiston McGraw-Hill Book co., 1984. 361.
13. Webster , Noah . Webster USA: G & C Meriam Co., 1971. 1451.
14. Brunner , Lilian S. , Suddarth, Doris A.. Manual of nursing practice 4th edition Philadelphia: J. P. Lippincott Co., 1986. 817.
15. Gennaro, Alfonso R., et al., . Blakiston McGraw-Hill Book Co., 1984. 714.
16. Webster , Noah . Webster USA: G & C. Merriam Co., 1971. 1170.
17. Kisner, , Colby, . Therapeutic exercise: Foundation & techniques USA: F. A. Davis Company, 1985. 25.