Rafael A. Bacalla III,
Karl Anthony D. Busa,
Gilbert J. Cabataña Jr.,
Aila Joy C. Carido,
Robbie I. Decilio,
Jan Louie D. Gatillo,
Al-Rashder K. Regpala,
Mae Therese Z. Relampagos,
Ross Victor D. San Luis,
Marie Alyssa A. Yee,
Hycinth D. Jumalon
INTRODUCTION: The level of satisfaction on the protective services of the residents of a government institution for abused children in Cebu
LOCALE: The Department of Social Welfare and Development Region VII Home for Girls which is located at Labangon, Cebu City
METHODS: A descriptive research design with a researcher-modified, 15 Likert-type (3 points) item, the questionnaire called the Experience of Service Questionnaire (ESQ) which is short satisfaction measure designed specifically for use in child health care according to the comprehension of the respondents.
RESULT: Majority of the respondents, which was 83%, showed that they were very satisfied despite of a notable number of negative responses. Further, 17% of the respondents were moderately satisfied with the protective services that they have received.
CONCLUSION: With the majority of the respondents being very satisfied with the protective services that the government residential institution was providing, it was inferred that the goals and objectives of the institution set by the government were observed which needed to be maintained. However, varied negative responses have shown that there were notable areas on the protective services provided that may need further enhancement. Safety, accommodation of residents, and the children's relationship among other children were deemed vulnerable
KEYWORDS: Level of satisfaction, Department of Social Welfare and Development, Abused children, Cebu
1. "National Unified Health Research Agenda Philippine National Health Research System" Department of Science and Technology
, 2012. Retrieved from: http://Web 6 Sept. 2013.
5. Auxtero, F. . DSWD. Home for Girls[Brochure] Cebu City: PHilippines, 2013.
7. Tatoy, R. . Personal Cmmunication, August 8, 2013.
11. Yacat, J. . (2010, November 30). Child protection in the Philippines: a situational analysis . Children protection iniative in Southeast Asia and the Pacific.
12. Anglin, J. . "Creating " Child and youth care forum 33(3): 175-192, 2003
13. Farmer, E , Pollock, S . "Managing sexually abused and/or abusing children in substitute care " Child and Family Social Work 8, 101-112, 2003
14. Wilson, L. , Conroy, J . The final report of the 1993 annual client evaluation . Tallahassee,FL: Wilson resources Inc., 1993.