Raylin S. Garcia,
Roy L. Blanco,
Cyril N. Leonor,
Marie Evelyn C. Go II,
Mary Aileen A. Lagcao,
Dulce S. Canoy,
Collin N. Rosell,
Jennifer C. Fernandez,
Queennielyn Lee A. Lanaria
This study aimed to determine the relationship between the primigravidas antenatal knowledge on pregnancy and labor and their level of emotional tension on admission in labor.
This study utilized the descriptive correlational design to determine the the relationship between the primigravidas' antenatal knowledge on pregnancy and labor and their level of emotional tension during admission in labor. A set of self-developed questionnaires regarding pregnancy and labor was distributed to fifteen (15) subjects who were pregnant for the first time and who met the predetermined criteria. The were contacted at the Out-Patient Department of Cebu Doctors' Hospital. Upon their admission in the hospital, the emotional tension of the said mothers were rated utilizing the observer-completed rating scale developed by Crawford (1968). all scores derived were subjected to statistical measures to determine the normality of distribution in terms of their antenatal knowledge and level of emotional tensions and to determine the relationship between the variables under consideration.
Based on the statistical results the null hypotheses were rejected, to arrive at a conclusion that there is a significant relationship between the primigravidas' antenatal knowledge on pregnancy and labor and their level of emotional tension on admission in labor.
1. Bobak, Irene M., Jensen, Margaret Duncan, Zalar, Marianne K.. Maternity and gynecologic care-the nurse and the family St. Louis, Missouri, USA: C.V. Mosby and Company, 1989.
2. Clark, Ann C., Alfonso, Dianne D.. Childbearing - a nursing perspective Phialdelphia: F.A. Davis Company, 1976.
3. Department of Health, . instruments for measuring nursing practice and other health care variables Hyattsville, Maryland, USA.:
4. Dick-Read, Grantly . Childbirth without fear New York, USA: Harper and Row, 1972.
5. Kitzinger, Sheila . Complete book of pregnancy and childbirth London: Dorling Kinderaley Limited, 1989.
6. Millir, Mary Ann , Brooten, Dorothy A.. The childbearing family - a nursing perspective Boston, Toronto, USA: Little Brown and Company, 1983.
7. Old, Sally P., Londen , Marcial L., Laduvig, Patricia A., Davidson, Sham V.. Medical/nursing division Menlo Park, California: Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, 1980.
8. Reeder, Sharon , et. al., . Maternity nursing Philadelphia, USA: J.B. Lippincott Company, 1986.