Date of Publication
Strategies and resources necessary to build a research agenda were presented along with the important steps in the research process. Misconceptions and challenges about scientific research were explained, but at the same time the joy and satisfaction derived from doing a research project was also emphasized. Types of research with corresponding examples that can be done in clinical practice were given. Dr. Laya's overall message was to present research as an important tool in enhancing clinical practice and to inspire the listeners to embark on a research-oriented culture.
1. Thrall JA, . Building Research Programs in Diagnostic RadiologyRadiology 242, 329-333, 2007
2. Alderson PO, , Bresolin LB, , Becker GJ, . Enhancing Research in Academic Radiology DepartmentsRadiology 232, 405-408, 2004
3. Morrison SC, , Laya BF, . Colo-colic intussusception in an infant with Pneumatosis.Pediatric Radiology 31(7): 2001
4. Broxson E, , Dole M, , Wong R, , Laya BF, , Stork L, . Portal Hyperten- sion Develops in a Subset of Children Treated with Maintenance Oral 6-Thioguanine for Standard Risk Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia.Pediatric Blood Cancer 44, 226-231, 2005
5. Laya BF, . The Evolution of Pediatric Cardiovascular Imaging Pediatric Forum, Dayton Children, 2002.
6. Laya BF, , Goske MJ, , Morrison SC, , Reid J, , Swischuk LE, , Ey EH, . The Accuracy of Chest Radiographs in Detecting Specific Lesions In Patients with Congenital Heart DiseasePediatric Radiology 36, 977-681, 2006
7. Laya BF, , Goco NB, . Clinico-Radiologic Forum on Primary Pulmonary Tuberculosis in Children.hilippine College of Radiology Newsletter 34(3): 2005
8. Laya BF, . Thoracic tuberculosis in children: pitfalls and dilemma in chest radiograph interpretation.St. Luke July 2011
9. Pulido KG, , Laya BF, , Villamor CP, . Radiographic Patterns of Ac- tive Pulmonary Tuberculosis Disease in Filipino Pediatric Patients and their Correlation with Symptoms, Length of Hospital Confinement and Clinical DispositionSt. Luke July 2011
10. Sanchez MO, , Mendoza AR, , Laya BF, . Primary Progressive TB in Children: Radiographic Patterns in Correlation with Microbiologic Studies.St. Luke July 2011
11. Laya BF, , Concepcion ND, , Dela Eva RC, . Computed Tomography with Multiplanar Reformation and 3D-Volume Rendering Technique in correlation with Fiberoptic Tracheobronchoscopy for Thoracic Evaluation of Children with Primary Progressive Tuberculosis and Tracheobronchial Involvement.St. Luke July 2011
12. Paguia MR, , Laya BF, , De Jesus JM, . Accuracy of established cranial CT scan findings in the diagnosis of cranial tuberculosis. St. Luke July 2011
13. Zamora JMB, , Laya BF, , Bautista MW, . Computed Tomography Manifestations of Abdominal Tuberculosis in Children St. Luke July 2011
14. Geslani MB, , Laya BF, . Tuberculosis of the skeletal system in children: Spectrum of imaging findings.St. Luke 2011
15. Los Banos FV, , Dizon ML, , Laya BF, . Correlation of adenoi- dal-nasopharyngeal ratio and palatine tonsil size in lateral soft tissue neck radiograph with polysomnography in children with symptomatic obstructive sleep apneaPhilippine College of Radiology Journal 2010
16. Laya BF, , Lee EY, . Upper Airway Obstruction. Caffey Mosby Elsevier,
17. Laya BF, , Lee E, . Congenital Cause of Upper Airway Obstruction in Pediatric Patients: Updated Imaging Techniques and Review of Imaging FindingsSeminars in Roentgenology 47(2): 2012
18. Laya BF, , Kintanar ID, , Concepcion NDP, , Corsino M, . Handbook for Use of Iodinated Contrast Media Philippines: Friday Graphics Press, 2009.