Mercy Antoinette Gappi,
Alberto Lardizabal ,
Emmanuel Gatchalian Sr
Publication Sub Type
Philippine Journal of Internal Medicine
No significant decrease in PEFR is observed in normals (non-asthmatic individuals) A significant decrease in PEFR most marked in the first minute after steam inhalation is seen in asthmatic patients It is therefore suggested that STEAM INHALATION BE ADMINISTERED CAUTIOUSLY IN ASTHMATICS.
1. Atken, Mofra , Marini, John , Bruce, Culver . Depts .of Medicine University of Washington, Seattle and Vanderbilt Univ, Nashville ( Abstr): American College of Chest Physicians,
2. Pratter, Melvin , Irwin, Richard , Hingston, Dianne . "Diagnosis of Bronchial Asthma by Clinical Evaluation an unreliable method" Chest 84(1): 42, July 1983
3. Shim, Chang , Williams, Henry . "Relationship of wheezing to the severity of obstruction in asthma" Archives of Internal Medicine 143, May 1983
4. Morley, J ed. Proceedings from a workshop on Bronchial hyperactivity Switzerland: Wislikofen, 1982. 3-5.
5. Scoggin, Charles , Petty, Thomas . Clinical Strategic in adult Asthma. Philadelphia: Lea and Fabiger ed, 1982.